Thyroid gland hormones help in various functions including heart rate, body temperature, and energy release to cells. An imbalance in hormone production might lead to hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism based on the type of imbalance.
Thyroid balancing is a treatment process to correct the thyroid imbalance and restore proper functioning of the gland. We start with lab tests for autoimmune markers, omega-3/omega-6 ratios, micro-nutrient tests, inflammation, and cholesterol number. The treatment plan generally includes diet management with additional supplements including Omega 3, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D3.
Signs of Thyroid Imbalance
- Pulse rate fluctuations
- Unintentional weight gain or loss
- Skin drying
- Eye issues
- Lump formation in the throat
- Heightened emotions
- Sleep issues
What are Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism?
Hypothyroidism refers to the condition when the amount of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream is not enough. This leads to the slowing down of the body’s metabolism rate. The symptoms of hypothyroidism include weight gain, fatigue, increased sensitivity to colds, enlargement of the thyroid gland, skin drying, and hair loss, among others.
The most common cause of hypothyroidism is a condition called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. This condition makes the body attack its own immune system. Over time, this results in the thyroid producing lesser hormones.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the amount of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream is too high. In such a condition, the triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), and the thyroid hormones in the body start getting overactive. The common symptoms in hyperthyroidism include fast heartbeat, increased appetite, sudden weight loss, sensitivity to heat, and anxiety.
Hyperthyroidism mostly occurs in the form of:
- Thyroiditis, or thyroid inflammation
- A thyroid nodule producing too much of thyroxine hormones
- Graves’ Disease, which is an autoimmune condition
- Our medical experts offer superior thyroid testing options to ensure that patients receive accurate and in-depth results. Sometimes, the parameters of conventional testing methods can be too limited. We utilize comprehensive labs for our treatment, such as autoimmune markers, omega-3/omega-6 ratios, micronutrient tests, inflammation, and cholesterol number/particle.
- The doctors also suggest treatment for balancing blood sugar levels, as blood sugar can have a massive impact on both the thyroid and hormones. Blood sugar levels could be controlled by proper management of diet. This involves avoiding beverages and food that are high in carbohydrates and sugar.
- As part of diet management, our health experts also suggest avoiding toxic food like alcohol, conventional chicken and meat, modern wheat, artificial sweeteners, food with artificial dyes, and so on.
- Doctors also provide expert supplements to patients as and when required. These include omega 3, magnesium, selenium, vitamin K2, and vitamin D3, among others. Additional supplements like methylated B vitamins, iodine, glutathione, turmeric, and adaptogenic herbs are often suggested for treating hypothyroidism.