MD Weight Loss or Medical Weight Loss
MD or medical weight loss is a science-based weight management technique. It is a specialized treatment that could be considered if other weight loss techniques have been ineffective. It has to be monitored and prescribed by medical professionals.
This technique takes into account the entire medical situation. A medical weight loss program generally entails nutritional counseling and evaluation, physical examination, a detailed dietary plan, and medical support that involves the treatment of existing health conditions.
At Mullica Hill Medical & Wellness, we help patients manage their food and activity habits for optimal outcomes. We recommend that our patients have a weekly or fortnightly visit with our nutritionist to go over the diet plans and discuss the weight loss challenges they face.
Our Diet Approach
- Low Carbohydrate and High Protein meal plan based on 1200-1500 calories per day.
Our Medical Approach
- MIC shots and B12 shots to help remove the fat deposits faster.
- Appetite suppressants (if approved by the physician) and fat-burning injections.
Why is Meal Planning so Important?
- Obesity can be associated with various kinds of disorders, which include type 1 and type 2 diabetes, stroke, and others.
- 40% of adults in the United States are obese, and another 32% are overweight.
We understand that every person is different; naturally, their body requirements would also differ. Likewise, the body type and the amount of nutrients each person needs to maintain optimal health would vary. Therefore, it is essential to allow a nutritionist to test the requirements that a specific body type would need and plan their diet accordingly.
How do our nutrition experts help?
- Our expert nutritionists look into each individual patient's eating patterns and habits, and eliminate the ones that lead them to gain excess weight.
- They focus on replacing unwanted habits with a positive lifestyle change which is a key element in sustainably achieving a healthy weight.
- They target maintaining a healthy weight on a long-term basis.
- They consider the involvement of any health issue/ conditions for a patient and plan their diet according to their need.